FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you have my date available? Please call or email for availability!
2. How far in advance do I need to book with you? Far enough in advance that your date is still available. We have booked weddings more than a year out and as soon as two weeks prior, it all depends on availability.
3. How long have you been in business? Our LLC was formed in November 2012.
4. How many weddings have you shot? Have you done many that were similar to mine in size and style? Over 100 and counting…
5. How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photojournalistic, creative)? We choose the style that fits the moment… but most of our collections have 2 photographers, so typically one is shooting traditional/posed shots while the other is shooting photojournalistic for candids.
6. How would you describe your working style? Depends on the part of the wedding it is – getting ready shots tend to be very photojournalistic, breakdowns are traditional with additional photojournalistic shots, for the ceremony we try to be ninjas so we can get the shots we need without stealing the show, and the reception is a mixture of traditional & photojournalistic. Our general rule of thumb is: If no direction is needed, no direction is given – If direction is needed, direction is given.
7. What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers? It is meant to be timeless. While we may have a little fun with a photo here & there, we do not over edit. We do not want to brand your photos with the current “it” trend of editing – in 10, 20, 30 years we want you to still love the way your photos look. The goal is to edit them in a way that they “pop” but that you cannot tell they’ve been edited.
8. Do you have a portfolio I can review? Are all of the images yours, and is the work recent? We have numerous “sneak peaks” on our facebook, as well as several display images on our website & the knot. We also have several sample wedding albums that we have made to show the progression of the day that you can expect from us – please call or email to set up a time to meet with us to see one of them.
9. What type of equipment do you use? We shoot with Nikon FX camera bodies, lenses & speedlights; along with Yongnuo transceivers & speedlights.
10. Are you shooting in digital or film format or both? Digital.
11. Do you shoot in color and black & white? Infrared? Everything is shot in color, all black & white images are created in post. Infrared is not currently offered through RQP because the process to create these types of images requires basically destroying the sensor in a camera body.
12. Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like? Yes, please! It’s your day, if there is something specific you are wanting, please let us know! We are also pinterest-friendly.
13. Can you put together a slideshow of the engagement session (along with other photos the couple provides) and show it during the cocktail hour? What about an “instant” slideshow of the ceremony? This is not currently a service that we offer. However, many reception venues have the equipment to display a slideshow, so if you need help creating the actual slideshow then we’d be happy to help.
14. What information do you need from me before the wedding day? Times & locations, mostly. We will meet one final time, typically 2-4 weeks before your wedding to iron out all the details of your wedding day so we’re all on the same page (this meeting usually lasts about an hour). This way, the people that are going to be in your photos at any given time know where to be & when to be there, etc.
15. Have you ever worked with my florist? DJ? Coordinator, etc.? Call or email and ask!
16. May I have a list of references? We are proud to announce that RQP has been rated by brides and grooms and voted The Knot Best of Weddings Pick for 2015 & 2016 & 2017. Please check out all of our reviews on The Knot & Facebook.
17. Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding? If so, will you have any assistants with you on that day? If not, who will be taking the pictures and can I meet them before my wedding? A majority of our weddings are shot by Shawna & Jason. In special circumstances we have 2 other photographers that we shoot with – you will know who your photographers are prior to booking, and you will meet them prior to your wedding day.
18. Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason? Yes we do. See above, we have 2 other photographers that we shoot with in special circumstances.
19. If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover? Our coverage area is the 275 loop, if your wedding site is significantly outside of that then yes we do charge a travel fee – please call or email for details. Also, we offer special deals for destination weddings!
20. Are you photographing other events on the same day as mine? Since there are only 2 of us and most of our collections offer 2 photographers, we only book one wedding per day. For engagement sessions, we try to book several in the same day since they are only 90 mins long.
21. How will you (and your assistants) be dressed? All black - we do not want to draw attention away from you on your wedding day.
22. Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos? Friends & families, yes… keep in mind though, the more distractions while we’re taking photos, the longer it takes.
23. Have you ever worked at my wedding site before? If not, do you plan to check it out in advance? Call or email to find out!
24. What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot? This depends on the collection you choose, and the time we arrive at your venue will be determined during our Pre-Event Consultation 2-4 weeks prior to your wedding day. Once you book RQP the whole day is reserved for you, so we arrive when you need us & stay till you don’t.
25. If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge? Yes, we will not just leave you! If it’s looking like events are going to run over your scheduled time, we’ll come talk to you about your options in advance. We charge by the hour for extra time… if it’s 5-10 mins it’s not really a big deal, but we’ll come to a mutual agreement prior to the end of your scheduled time.
Packages, Proofs and Prints
26. What packages do you offer? Call or email for pricing!
27. Can I customize a package based on my needs? Yes, all of our services can be added a la carte, however it’s typically cheaper to choose one of our pre-made collections.
28. Do you include engagement photos in your packages? Most of them, yes! We also offer it as an add-on in case the collection you choose does not include them.
29. What type of album designs do you offer? Do you provide any assistance in creating an album? Each album is customized to the particular bride & groom it is made for. We design the album then provide a proof for you to view & give feedback on the things you would like to change (if any). If changes are needed, a new proof will be provided if necessary, then albums are printed.
30. Do you provide retouching, color adjustment or other corrective services? We do color/levels/exposure adjustments as needed. Retouching is done as needed if something is drawing attention away from the focal point. If you have a pimple on your nose, we’ll take it out – but we’re not going to make your skin look like porcelain or anything.
31. How long after the wedding will I get the proofs? Will they be viewable online? On a CD? Finished images are delivered in 30-45 days on a flashdrive for weddings, CD for engagements. Sneak peaks are posted prior to that on our facebook for you to share the highlights with your friends & family.
32. What is the ordering process? You get the images & print rights, so you can order photo products from wherever you’d like. We offer books & prints, but you are not obligated to get them from us.
33. How long after I order my photos/album will I get them? The first proof of your album will be ready in 30 days. After you have approved the proof, please allow 2 weeks for your book to be delivered.
34. Will you give me the negatives or the digital images, and is there a fee for that? You will receive full resolution digital copies of all of the selected/edited images in jpg format – this is included in your collection.
Contracts and Policies
35. When will I receive a written contract? During our initial consultation, however we can email you one if you’d like to review it ahead of time.
36. How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan? The deposit is $495 and it is due when you sign your contract. The remainder of your balance is due 2 weeks prior to your wedding day, there is no penalty for early payments.
37. What is your refund/cancellation policy? The deposit is non-refundable. We want you to be happy with your photos – if you are not happy with your photos and/or how we performed on your wedding day, we’ll give you your money back less the deposit.
38. Do you have liability insurance? Yes we do.